ND, short for neutral density, refers to filters that reduce entry of light without color deviation. ND filters is are important tools to reduce light entry, with which photos can be taken with large aperture and shallow depth of field in the bright light. With higher coefficient, long time exposure can be realized.
- In the bright light, we cannot adapt large aperture so shallow depth of field cannot be achieved, which is needed in shooting portraits in order to separate the main character from the background, when large aperture should be adapted. In this situation, ND filters are good choice to attain ideal aperture.
Athabasca ND1000 Circular Filter 82mm – 10 stops details:
- Materials: Environmentally oxidized aviation aluminum
- Raw materials: Japan imported optical glass
- Coating: Light reducing coating
- Thickness: 3.38mm
- Reducing Light intensity by 10 stops